Good evening loves and happy February 8th. I am in awe that one whole year has passed. At 3:37AM one year and one day ago, my precious baby boy, Paul Raffaele, made his journey into the world. As I write this, I am feeling so incredibly thankful. Thankful for Matt and Paul for making me a mother. Thankful that I am married to my best friend. Thankful that my breast tumors have not returned and I am alive and well to experience motherhood to the fullest. Thankful that Paul is healthy. Thankful that Matt is healthy. Thankful that my mother is healthy. Thankful for being able to live life, overcome adversities, and focus on the positive and wonderful experiences. Becoming a mother has made me experience emotions in a different way and I am just thankful for so much. Negativity and unfortunate events could overpower the happy and positive moments and experiences that are worth embracing. To me, it has always been a lifestyle choice to focus on the people and things that make me happy and to focus on the positive of every situation (even when the positive is hard to grasp) while appropriately handling the negative and unfortunate situations accordingly and assimilating to change the best way possible as well as considering how to make the situation better (if possible). Every day, people wake up with a choice to perceive their world positively or negatively; the choice to embrace the positive moments in any situation; the choice to change their circumstances if they are unhappy; and the choice to eliminate their negative surrounding or their involvement in negative situations. Every day is a new day to start fresh using past experiences to create a happier life. Ever since becoming pregnant, marrying my best friend, and experiencing motherhood, this lifestyle is the only way; and I have not overlooked one happy moment. I am happy. I am thankful.
If you like, I would love for you to comment and tell me about some happy moments that took place in your life today =D
Here are some of the milestones that Paul has reached this month:
- Paulie is able to kiss someone on the cheek, point, knock, clap, wave, and take a bite when asked the appropriate command.
- Paulie points and babbles to request express his wants and needs.
- He responds to requests and commands.
- He tries really hard to say all the words that we say; and even tries to copy the tone of our voice.
- Paulie imitates blowing raspberries and opening and closing mouth.
- He says the following words very clearly: mama, dada, gahma, nana, and boo boo.
- He demonstrates that he understands the name of every room; and he is able to locate all of his toys when asked to find something specific.
- When he gets hurt, he points to what are hurts on his body, looks at you, and if asked “are you okay?” he whimpers and comes over for snuggles; and if stated, “your okay!” he turns and continues playing (unless he is really hurt).
- He likes to turn the light switch on and off.
- He is interested in anything that turns on and off and how things work.
- When asked to point at specific illustrations while reading familiar books, Paulie points to the appropriate picture.
- He recognizes the shape of a circle and fits it through his shape shorter.
- He picks up shapes and tries to fit them through each hole until he finds the correct one.
- He likes to play with stacks, but does not yet put them in size order.
- He understands how to turn some toys on and off.
- Paulie independently flips through books and points at pictures.
- He is very curious; especially about places forbidden to him.
- When he wants to read a book, he shows me it, hands me it, and sits on my lap.
- He identifies and points to objects when they are named.
- He insists on eating food independently with a spoon.
- He knows where his milk come from, and points at and pulls down my shirt when he is thirsty.
- He picks out a book that he wants to read; and if I ask him to hand me a specific book, he will find it and give it to me. The books he is able to locate are Brown Bear, Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Llama Llama Red Pajama, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Five Christmas Penguins, and Mr. Brown Can Moo.
- He understands what it means to be gentle; especially with the cats.
- When we say, “it’s time for breakfast/ lunch/dinner” he walks to the kitchen. When I say “say goodnight to daddy” he will crawl around the apartment looking for him to give him a kiss. When I say “pick a book and come to the bedroom” he picks a book and comes to the bedroom. It is so incredible!!
- Paulie ALWAYS complains when I leave the room.
- He does not like strangers.
- He like to tickle me, especially my feet! He cracks up whenever he tickles me.
- He laughs when I laugh =)
- He loves to pet his cats. He calls all 3 cats Boo Boo.
- He likes to get our approval.
- He loves to give kisses!
- Paul took his first real steps on February 1st, and he is now walking everywhere!
- He climbs on and off the bed, couch, chairs, and furniture.
- Paul is a happy and social little bean. His favorite things to do is play social games with mama and papa; eat food and try new food; explore and manipulate his toys; play drums (his favorite past time); crawl around and walk around to explore; play with the cats and pet them (he has learned how to be gentle); look at the window; and likes to be told how things function. It is also so awesome how Paul has Matt and I’s sense of humor. =D
Here are pictures representing each month of his first year =D
Thank you for reading and coming on this journey with me! I am so excited to see what this year brings! =D I hope you have a happy Wednesday! <3333