Happy Tuesday! Today, Paul had so much fun learning through making, tasting, smelling, and exploring all of the ingredients needed for baking Banana bread.
- The following academic language was used during this activity: add, plus, subtract, minus, more, less, bigger, larger, smaller, equal, first, second, third, then, last, finally, solid, liquid, etc
- The following language was also used: soft, wet, warm, hot, cold, hard, stick, butter, eggs, one, two, cups, measuring cup, bowl, flour, rise, sugar, sweet, stick, sticky, salt, salty, nits, pecans, crumble, mash, fork, masher, mashed, pour, dump, mix, batter, in, on top, pre heat, oven, oven mit, rough, smooth, grainy, soft, etc
- He felt the difference between a cold stick of butter and hot melted butter.
- He felt the difference between a banana and mashed bananas.
- He felt the texture of flour, sugar, salt, egg shells, and the batter.
Fine motor development
- He manipulated all of the ingredients and tools with a his fingers and hands.
- Practicing following one step, two step, and three step commands such as “pick up the spoon and scoop the sugar into the bowl”
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a happy day =)