Good morning and happy happy happy Sunday!! My little button is 15 months old, and month 14 was absolutely amazing. It’s hard to believe that just one year ago, this little, curious, energetic, strong willed boy was so dependent on his mama that the majority of the day was spent nursing. Time has been flying by, and it is because something new is constantly happening. Month 14 has been so much fun; He wants to learn and explore everything =) this month, we have been trying to go on walks everyday, and he has been super interested in vehicles, their function, and the name and function of the parts of the vehicle; when he hears sirons from inside the apartment, he stops what he is doing and runs to the window and vocalizes to us until we pick him up to look out the window and explain to him the sounds he is hearing. Paul reached many developmental milestones this month. He
- Makes word connections in songs and books to reality. For example, if we read the word light in a book, or he hears the word light in a son, he will look and point at the light in the room he is in and shows it to us.
- He is learning how to wash his hands in the sink. He washes his hands in the sink before every meal.
- He is very gentle with the cats (most of the time) hehehe =)
- His language development is amazing. He tries to copy all sounds and words. He tries to use language that he does know to communicate. He is babbling for sentences and carrying on conversations with us in this adorable babble. He now says the words bubba, diaper, baby, bubble, and din din. He is copying sounds mmmm, tssss, and puh.
- Waves when he is greeting or saying goodbye.
- Blows kisses when he says goodbye.
- Blows bubbles.
- Wakes mama and dada up with adorable kisses on he lips.
- Love loves loves going outside for walks and pointing and inquiring about everything around him.
- Is cutting all 4 molars and 2 canine teeth. (It has been a hard month for sleeping…poor baby).
- Understands the pronouns yours, your, mine, my, and me.
- Wants sympathy when he gets hurt or becomes sad.
- Pretends to get hurt so we can give him sympathy.
- We are teaching him empathy by asking him for a kiss when we get hurt. He is learning to become aware of others feeling.
- Points to his and other people’s ears, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, chin, head, nostrils, hair, curls; and understands when we say point to my other ear or point to my other eye.
- Points to his shoulders.
- Thinks it is hilarious when we perform the song head, shoulders, knees, and toes.
- Understands when We say your nose is for smelling; your ears are for hearing…
- Loves to smell everything.
- Follows two and three step directions.
- He tries to put on his socks and shoes; and tries to put mamas socks and shoes on as well!
- He is able to find his circles and pentagons.
Month 14 was a blast. Paul is so much fun, I just love his personality, and I am so so so so excited for next months adventures! =D happy 15 months baby boy!
Thank you for reading!! I hope you have a happy happy happy day!
Here are some pictures from this wonderful month: