Happy happy happy Monday! Today, Paulie strengthened his fine motor, sensory, language and cognitive skills while playing with chick peas and a coke bottle.
Fine Motor Development
- The activity required Paul to pick up one chick pea at a time using his pointer grip.
- Paulie manipulated the chickpeas by squeezing them, pinching them, and rolling them in between his hands or one of his hands and another surface.
- He also felt the bottle.
- The following words were used during this activity: bumpy, hard, rough, small, many, loud, shake, turn, right side up, upside down, smooth, thick, long.
- Requires Paul to understand that only one chick pea fits through the opening to the coke bottle.
- Requires hand eye coordination.
Here are some pictures!
Thank you for reading! I hope you have a happy day! =D