Good afternoon and happy Friday! It is unbelievable that my little Paulie is 16 months old =) Here are some milestones that he reached this month:
- Paulie is able to imitate the sound of the letter A, B, C, D, F, H, K, L, M, P, and T.
- He understands everything that we are saying and follows directions very well.
- If we say, “I’m putting your left arm through the sleeve; transfer/switch the (item) to your other hand” “wipe your hands and then throw the napkin away” or “put the bucket back in the cabinet under the sink” he does it.
- He understands the pronouns mine, your, his, and her.
- He babbles sentences and makes new combinations everyday.
- Here are some of my favorites:
- He will get food items from the refrigerator if we ask him to get it.
- When I say “mama wants chocolate milk” he will go take out the milk and Hershey syrup and bring it to me.
- He disciplines the cats!!!! If they scratch at the door, Paul will run to them, say “tsssssss” and then wave his hands and say “dump dump.” They listen to him too!
- We call him Bubba and he now refers to himself as Bubba.
Gross Motor Development:
- He loves loves loves to climb and he tries to hard to jump!
- He loves to run!
- Paul rubs, squeezes, and rips items with his hands.
- He can identify and sort circles, triangles, stars, squares and x’s.
- He understands the concepts of the following words: over, under, inside, outside, in, out, in front of, behind, next to, the other one, other, another, one more, another one, etc.
- He will do an appropriate action when asked; for example “rub dada’s eyes”
- He identifies hands, feet, shoes, socks, eyes, nose, cheeks, chin, hair, top of head, mouth, tongue, teeth, cooking utensils, etc in books and on TV on humans and animals.
- He makes inferences from books and tv to real life; for example, if brushing a cat is depicted, he will go brush his cat.
- His favorite activity to do is engage in pretend play. He loves to pretend he is cooking, and puts blocks in a bowl and mixes them with a scoop and pretends to try it and also asks whoever is in the room to try it. He will either say “mmmm” “nom nom” or “yuck” after he pretends to take a taste. It is adorable!
- He loves cars; when we go on walks he wants to stop and point at the wheels and other parts of every car we pass.
- He loves exploring sounds that he hears; he is currently interested in car sirens.
- He understands that we smell with our nose, hear with our ears, taste with our tongue, feel with our hands and bite with our teeth.
- He loves reading and being read to!
- He loves to do whatever mama and dada do, such as: sweeping (he will sweep and actually throw it in the garbage), flushing toilet, turning bath on, cleaning, etc.
- He is able to sit down and flip through pages of a book independently.
- He could play hide the shape where, when asked, he hides a shape under one of his bowls.
- He loves to make us laugh! He is a little goofball! If we laugh at something he does he will laugh and keep doing it.
- He laughs when we laugh and he smiles when we smile.
- He responds to us when we ask him questions and speak to him.
- He makes a cute little whimper when he dislikes something, is skeptical about something, or doesn’t want to do something.
- He says “na” when he is very interested in something or wants to do something.
- He mimics movements and speech.
- He loves waving, blowing kisses, hugging, and tickling and being tickled!
- My favorite is when I’m breastfeeding and I rub my eyes and he will then rub my eyes with his hands. Also, when he plays with my hair while breastfeeding. I just love breastfeeding him; we crack each other up!
- He loves asking for kisses when he gets hurt or when he pretends to get hurt; and he gives kisses when we get hurt!
These are some of the milestones Paulie has reached this month! Thank you for reading, I hope you have a happy Friday!